"Law enforcement’s primary concern should always be the victim. The climate of the ETCC and the use of professionally trained interviewers insures that children who are the victims of crime are not re-traumatized by the investigative process."
Gainesville City Police Chief
Did you know...
Preventing child abuse takes people who care, who are willing to get involved personally by supporting the prevention and treatment of victims with their time and money. Edmondson-Telford Center for Children is a safe place where child victims are evaluated for physical and sexual abuse. We provide child victims under the age of 18 & their caretakers with crisis intervention, medical exams, forensic interviewing, professional and community education, and many more services to Hall & Dawson residents. Since opening in 1997, ETCC has provided services to over 1,000 child victims and has collaborated with local agencies to investigate and prosecute hundreds of cases of child abuse.
- On any given day in Georgia, nearly 9,000 children are in the foster care system
- 1 case of child abuse is reported every 13 seconds in the United States
- 1 out of every 4 girls & 1 out of every 6 boys will be the victim of sexual assault before they turn 18 years old
- 400,000 registered sex offenders in the United States with an estimated 100,000 of them are missing from authorities
- Cases of child pornography are increasing faster than any other crime
- Since 1990, more than 10,000 American children have died at the hands of their parents or caretakers.
- Abuse and neglect are the leading causes of death for young children.
- In Georgia, a child is the victim of confirmed abuse every 15 minutes.
Children can't make their world safer. But, you can.
How you can help